The following are the resorts that we highly recommend for your visit to Sipadan Mabul Kapalai Islands: -
All the above resorts offer Divers as well as Non-Divers (i.e. going there for relaxation and probably snorkeling only.)
Although it is possible to snorkel in Sipadan Island, most of the resort dive operators would used the permit to Sipadan for Divers first, and then if there is any more allocation, for Snorkeler.
The minimum number of days of stay in the resort is 3 days 2 nights. There is of course, no maximum number of days, subject to availability and budget.
Proposed Diver Itinerary (Non-Diver will be Free and Easy)
Ex Tawau Airport
BASED ON 5 DAYS/ 4 NIGHTS
Meet and greet Tawau Airport (arriving early if possible, otherwise you may have to stay overnight in Tawau hotels). Transfer to Semporna by van/ coach for approximately 1 ½ hours journey. Arrive in Semporna and proceed to Mabul/Kapalai Islands by boat for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour journey, depending on the sea or weather condition.
Proceed for briefing, registration and check-in. Lunch will be served at noontime.
There will be 2 boat dives on your first day arrival and one of the boat dives will be an orientation dive with our Divemaster (Subject to early arrival)
NOTE: For those arrive late afternoon, they will not be able to do any diving on the arrival day.
They will do 3 boat dives on the 2nd day, one of which the boat dive is the orientation dive.
DAY 02, 03 and 04
Standard 3 boat dives with Professional Divemaster per day!
Therefore for Day 02, 03, 04 (3 days) 6 boat dives with Professional Divemaster - Combination of Sipadan or Si Amil or Mantabuan or Kapalai/Mabul Island and 3 boat dives with Professional Divemaster - Mabul/Kapalai Island.
The 3 days will have a total of 9 Boat Dives with Professional Divemaster
Unlimited Jetty House Reef Dive
- Diving in Sipadan is NOT guaranteed. Sipadan Entry Permit is based on APPROVAL from the Government Authority; in this case we are referring to SABAH PARKS and MKN (Majlis Keselamatan Negara).
- Unlimited Jetty Buddy House Reef Dive is available at the jetty. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions at the registration counter.
- The above PROPOSED Dive Itinerary is based on the current Quota system. Should there be any changes of quota allotment; the Proposed Dive Itinerary will be amended accordingly.
- The announcement of Sipadan Entry Permit Approval list is available 3 to 4 days before the actual diving date. THUS, the resort shall display the approval list (Namelist) 3 - 4 days ahead. Payment of Sipadan Entry Permit shall be made in the resort.
The management reserves the right to amend or change the above proposed itinerary without advance notice. (This is due to the change of allotment of permit should there be any)
* Sipadan Dives subject to Quota and Weather permitting. Diving at Sipadan may be anytime of the day.
Free at leisure in the morning. Check-out. Transfer out to Semporna and to Tawau Airport for your next destination.
NOTE: Advisable no diving on the last day. However, if you wish to do so, you will have to sign a separate Liability/ Release Waiver form.
The latest recommendation from DAN, Training Agencies, etc., indicate that you should wait a minimum of 18 hours and sometimes up to 24 hours after diving before you fly. However, we recognize that people, agencies and even computers/ tables differ on this.
For those who do morning dive (one morning boat dive at Mabul/Kapalai ONLY) on day out. Please note Bar Bill must be settled the night before, all belongings must be cleared and checked out before the first morning boat dive.